Handwoven indigenous organic old-world cotton textile, direct from Kutch.
The Kala cotton plant thrives in arid conditions with low water requirements making this local, purely rain-fed variety ecologically sustainable.
Due to its natural short staple length, Kala cotton (originally called Wagad cotton) wasn't integrated with industrial textile machinery in the 70s, which resulted in its diminished use further harming the farming & soil ecosystems of the region.
A renewed awareness of consumption patterns and their effects on climate change has provided an impetus to find value in this crop again. By utilizing traditional handloom systems, this old-world crop now enables many organic farmers, ginners, spinners, natural-dyers, and weavers to come together and transform the soil, its ecosystem, and this tenacious crop into glorious organic textile.
- Length / 5 meters - 5.46 yards
- Width / 42" - 47" pre-wash.
- Minimum purchase length of five meters.
- Increase quantity to purchase textile lengths in multiples of 5.
- 100% biodegradable, and chemical-free.
- Locally inclusive, rain-fed, regenerative, 100% organic Kala cotton textile.
- Handloom community fair-trade textile direct from Mandvi, Kutch.
- Yarn-dyed using all-natural ingredients.
- Woven to order.
- Circles 33% profit back to Kutch.
- Allow 3 - 8 weeks for delivery. We will email you regular updates
- Free shipping worldwide on all orders above $300